At Ryedene, we believe that a broad, balanced and creative curriculum will give our children the confidence to develop and grow in a safe environment where they experience learning with their individual needs at the forefront. We pride ourselves in including all elements from the National Curriculum and also include the hidden aspects of the curriculum to help develop other areas such as how to behave and learn in all situations.
Our curriculum inspires our staff to promote a love for learning and provide personal growth and development of every child, in every class. It includes all manner of formal classes to enrich the education of children that develops them spiritually, emotionally, morally and culturally along with offering a wide range of extra-curricular activities to broaden their experiences and learning.
At Ryedene, we aim to:
- deliver a robust, creative, engaging and varied curriculum that meets national guidance.
- provide opportunities for cross-curricular learning.
- ensure that children are equipped for the next step of their academic journey.
- provide a rich knowledge-based curriculum that enthuses, inspires and fosters children's interest.
We ensure our curriculum is well resourced in order to meet of all our children along with complying with the Equality Act and SEND Regulations.
We believe that Ryedene’s curriculum provides inspirational teachers to develop lessons that promote the children’s love for learning.
Subject leaders create a planned program of education that puts the children’s learning at the forefront. They review their provisions and evaluate them regularly to ensure children make progress. Through CPD, each subject lead is able to support and monitor their colleagues to enable them to share their knowledge and expertise to build consistency throughout the school.
Staff ensure that there are local links for the children to engage with which equips them with a wider knowledge that supports their future. We encourage finding links between curriculum areas that engage and challenge children in order to support each area of the curriculum to make each subject meaningful yet relevant to one another. There is a strong focus on reading and writing that is encouraged at all levels from EYFS to Upper Key Stage 2 which we know is a vital tool in order for children to be successful both now and in their future.
Pupils’ progress is continually measured throughout their journey at Ryedene resulting in positive outcomes meaning children leave our school with the capability to have confidence in their ability, gaining independence and individuality in their life-long learning.
Long Term Plans
- Nursery Long Term Plan 2023 2024
- Reception Long Term Plan 2023 2024
- Year 1 Long Term Plan 2023 2024
- Year 2 Long Term Plan 2023 2024
- Year 3 Long Term Plan 2023 2024
- Year 4 Long term plan 2023 24
- Year 5 Long Term Plan 2023 2024
- Year 6 Long Term Plan 2023 2024